How to prepare for IIT JEE 2019
Table of Content
Who can offer you better tips on how to prepare for IIT JEE than those who have been through the grind themselves, have cracked IIT JEE earlier, and are now in regular touch with IIT entrance preparation to help other students crack the exam too?
Amongst the lakhs of JEE aspirants, each of them looks for the best way to prepare for iit jee. However, not everyone is able to connect with the best guides or use the best resources for the same. Our team of ex-IITians plan a foolproof approach to make you sail through your jee exam preparation smoothly. Each one of them moves forward with a mindset that is strengthened by personal experiences towards jee preparation. So, they provide you with best tutoring and the best resources (reference books, recorded tutorials, mock tests).
At Askiitians, all our tutors are IITians with extensive experience in providing online coaching to IIT aspirants. You will excel the tricks on “How to crack IIT?” Not limited to IIT JEE study tips, their coaching and guidance will ensure that you become more dedicated and organized for life.
Here’s an IIT JEE Preparation Guide for you by Askiitian experts:
How to prepare for JEE Main?
When you are preparing for IIT JEE 2019, do remember that your marks in Class XII board exams will play a vital role. So, you must pay appropriate attention to your board exams. Here are some other preparation tips for IIT JEE that you must keep in mind:
* Start your IIT JEE preparation with Class XII textbooks that you have. You can also refer to NCERT books that are prepared by many subject experts and are quite economical too. IIT preparation is a devotion that needs to start early.
* Beware of using too many reference books. Askiitians has a list of important IIT JEE preparation books that you can use for reference. Use the ones that cover maximum syllabus and suit your learning style.
* It can help you to score more by indexing topics in order of priority or weightage they carry in JEE Main and Class XII board exams.
* Grill yourself into the basics until all your fundamentals are very clear as JEE Main is specifically designed to test how well students have grasped the topics and how they apply them to a given set of problems.
* Revise, practice using previous year papers of IIT JEE, check solutions from solved papers, seek help where needed and revise and practice again.
* Last minute IIT study tips often suggest students to try the IIT JEE paper of last three years.
* Time management is an important factor in JEE Main. So, while solving model JEE question papers, keep an eye on your watch too. If solving a* question is taking too much time, move on.
Here is a quick glance on the number of questions asked from each topic in AIEEE or JEE Main in the last four years:
|Sets & Relation||0||0||0||1|
|Trigonometry Ratio and Identity||0||1||0||1|
|Height and Distance||0||0||1||0|
|Sequence & Series||2||2||1||2|
|Permutation and Combination||1||1||1||1|
|Co-ordinate Geometry (3-D)||2||2||2||2|
|Matrices & Determinants||2||2||2||2|
|Maxima & Minina||0||0||0||1|
|Limit, Contiunity & Differentiability||0||1||1||2|
|Tangent & Normal||0||1||0||0|
|Methods of Differentiation||0||1||1||0|
|Limit of Function||1||0||0||0|
|Fundamentals of Mathematics||0||0||0||1|
|Application of Derivative||2||1||2||1|
|Area Under Curve||1||1||1||0|
|Electro Magnetic Field||0||2||1||2|
|Electro Magnetic Induction||0||0||1||2|
|Error in Measurement||0||2||0||1|
|Rigid Body Dynamics||2||2||2||2|
|Work, Power & Energy||0||2||2||1|
|KTG & Thermodynamics||2||3||2||2|
|Centre of Mass||0||0||0||1|
|Calorimetry & Thermal Expansion||0||0||2||0|
|Rectilinear Motion & Vectors||0||0||1||1|
|Elasticity & Viscosity||0||0||1||2|
|Magnetic Field and Effects on a Current Carrying Conductor||3||0||0||0|
|Electromagnetic Waves & Communication||0||2||0||0|
|E.M.I & AC||2||0||0||0|
|Newton’s Laws of Motion||1||0||0||0|
|Fluid Mechanics & Properties of Matter||1||0||0||0|
|Principle of Communication||0||0||1||0|
|Motion in a Straight Line||1||0||0||0|
|Unit, Dimension & Errors||1||0||0||0|
|EM Waves & Communication||1||0||0||0|
|Geometrical and Physical Optics||2||2||1||0|
|SHM & Waves||0||0||0||1|
|String Waves and Sound Wave||1||0||0||0|
|Hydrogen & Its Compounds||0||1||0||0|
|p-block & S-block||3||2||0||0|
|Periodic Table & Periodicity||1||1||1||0|
|d-block & f-block||1||2||0||0|
|General Organic Chemistry||0||2||1||2|
|Carbohydrates, Amino Acids and Polymers||0||1||1||0|
|Hydrocarbon (Alkane, Alkene & Alkyne)||0||3||0||0|
|Atomic Structure & Nuclear Chemistry||0||1||1||0|
|Transition elements & co-ordination||3||0||0||0|
|Alkyl Halide, Alcohol & Ether, Carbohydrate,
Amino Acids & Polymers
|Carboxylic Acid & their derivative, Aldehydes
|Grignard Reagent, Reduction, Oxidation & Hydrolysis||0||0||1||1|
|Practical Organic Chemical||1||2||0||1|
|Thermodynamic & Thermochemistry||1||1||2||1|
|Solution & Colligative Properties||0||1||1||1|
How to prepare for JEE Advanced?
Students are shortlisted for IITs based on their marks in Class XII board exams as well as JEE Main. While JEE Advance is based on CBSE syllabus, there are a few topics in Mathematics and Physics that you do not need to cover for IIT JEE preparation:
- Mathematics topics you do not need to cover: Mathematical Induction, Statistics, Linear Inequality and Mathematical Reasoning.
- Physics topics you do not need to cover: Magnetism & Matter, Electromagnetic Waves, Electronic Devices (Solids and Semiconductors), and Principles of Communication Systems.
Other study tips you should keep in mind for JEE Advance are:
- To crack JEE Advance, students need a strong understanding of concepts and skills to solve numericals that need good aptitude and have lengthy calculations.
- Students should solve short-answer questions, subjective-type problems and questions based on assertion reasoning to develop deep understanding of the subject as well as multiple-choice type questions to build up speed and accuracy.
Important topics you should cover for JEE Advanced are:
- Physics: Mechanics and Electrodynamics are the two most important topics but one should also devote time to Heat, Thermodynamics, Optics and Modern Physics.
- Chemistry: General principles of Organic Chemistry are easy to understand. Numericals of Physical Chemistry are scoring. Inorganic Chemistry has many facts and figures and requires constant revision.
- Mathematics: Master inter-relationship between various topics. Coordinate Geometry and Vectors can help one to solve problems related to complex numbers. Permutation and Combinations help you to solve problems of Probability. Trigonometry and Calculus again help one to solve all types of problems.
How to study for IIT JEE 2019?
- Before worrying about how to prepare for IIT JEE 2019, you must prepare for your Class XII board exams well. You can also buy a set of NCERT books to begin with and make sure that you really understand all the concepts clearly.
- The second step is to practice JEE papers, analyze your strengths and weaknesses topic-wise, and work on them accordingly.
- Askiitians offers a facility where you can opt for an IIT JEE test series and get a detailed topic-wise report of where you have gained sufficient mastery and where you need to pay more attention. This report also includes recommendations on how to study for IIT JEE 2019.
IIT JEE Preparation Plan for you
A customized plan for IIT exam preparation can go a long way in scoring good marks. Askiitian experts can help students to make an IIT JEE preparation plan that considers your daily schedule, preferred study timings, subjects and topics where you need to pay more attention and devote more time, and number of days before the exam you have for preparation and revision.
You can design your study plan by keeping these points in mind too. Don’t forget to allot some time for recreation and exercise too. And at least six hours of sleep!
How to prepare for IIT JEE at home?
Resources and tools are important for any student to learn something. So, if you want to study at home, you should get appropriate books for IIT preparation. Besides mastering school books, you need to go through reference books and solve as many JEE model papers as you can.
IIT preparation material that you use must have a set of previous IIT JEE papers as well as AIEEE papers. These papers are incredibly important to learn where you actually stand in terms of your IIT preparation. You can also learn time management by solving these papers.
Never hesitate to approach teachers, subject experts or knowledgeable people within your reach to clear doubts. There is no such thing as a ‘stupid question’ when it comes to preparation for IIT.
Preparation for IIT JEE 2019 means that you understand concepts enough to take on engineering studies once you crack IIT JEE. So, make sure you ask for help wherever and whenever you need it.
While there are many sites that offer you generic how to study for IIT JEE tips, here are some specific tips to crack IIT JEE subject-wise:
- For Mathematics in JEE Advanced, one should pay more attention to Vectors and 3D. Previous IIT JEE paper analysis also suggests that Complex Numbers and Definite Integral are also asked frequently. Complex numbers are quite useful in solve coordinate geometry too. Integral calculus too can be used to simplify problems and save a lot of time.
- In Coordinate geometry, the trick is to acquire good knowledge about various conic sections and learn to break down tougher questions to simpler basic ones and then, solve the question.
- Matrices can be used to solve equations. A 3X3 matrix visualized as three-planed 3D geometry, determinants that can be broken as two using a common summand from a row or column, and other such properties can help students take on tougher questions in less time.
- Using graphs to solve Algebra functions take less time. So, learn to apply vertical and horizontal origin shifts well. Differential Calculus, especially Rolle’s and Lagrange’s theorem, can help you solve roots of equations. Useful in solving trigonometric questions. Prepare Permutation – Combination and Probability well with special focus Baye’s theorem, derangements and various ways of distribution. You should pay special attention to the fact that objects are identical or not.
- In Inorganic Chemistry, Coordination Chemistry and Chemical Bonding are important. Most of the questions are related to concepts related to structure, processes and applications.
- Speed matters in Chemistry. So, practicing questions with conceptual clarity and applied knowledge of concepts can go a long way in solving Chemistry questions. Special attention should be given to topics like Chemical Equilibrium, Mole concept and Electrochemistry.
- Mechanics should not be neglected in JEE Advanced as many questions are asked from this topic. Most questions in Mechanics are related to Particle Dynamics and Kinematics.
- To score more, topics Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, and Modern Physics are best.
- Thermodynamics is an important topic both in Physics and Chemistry that can be covered quickly too. One should take it up after mastering Wave Optics.
Online IIT Preparation
It is not easy for all students to have an access to a good IIT JEE coaching. There are many students who live in remote areas where they cannot find a good enough coaching institute. Besides, IIT JEE Preparation can be quite expensive too.
Online IIT preparation is ideal for students who choose to study at home. Askiitians not only offers all the details about how to crack IIT JEE, free IIT JEE study material and tips for IIT preparation but also has experienced tutors with years of online teaching experience and firsthand experience of cracking IIT JEE and studying at IIT.
These tutors can tell you insider tips about how to prepare for IITJEE, and can help you with your studies at any stage.
Packages available are quite flexible too. You can opt for comprehensive and complete IIT JEE coaching package or can just appear for test series and get a detailed subject-wise and topic-wise analysis of your performance. You can also approach Askiitians just to solve specific and individual queries.
The answer for your extensive IIT preparation is AskIITians.