Hello Dear Friends, I can see you want to work on your vocabulary so that you can score high in IELTS test. Well, you can easily do so after reading this post. I have written this by my own experience which I acquired after formal study and lots of self-study. I assure you that you are going to love the content of this post. This is the freshest content on the Vocabulary Building you have ever read.
Let’s start with what kind of words you should prepare. You can prepare for general words which I am going to mention here your help. Just By practicing and using these words in your IELTS Test, you can score almost band 9. Read these words loudly multiple times and frame sentences or short stories using them. I am sure that you do this small exercise, you will be highly happy and contented with the outcome.
Prepare a list of common Synonyms and list of words You must use in IELTS Test to Score High. Yes, you need to do this task manually. Do not go by online resources. It is so because when you write with your hands, you get involved in a higher percentage than the time when you are just looking and reading. Thus, must write a list.
Read books or Newspapers and notice new words which you are not familiar with. Or you have a doubt about the meaning of the word. It is a fantastic activity to do. in this way, you easily increase your vocabulary in the fastest possible way. This happens because you have the context in front of your eyes. So, Reading regularly is a must to do a thing when you are preparing for IELTS.
I know these tips are not extensive. There are many more things you can do improve your word power. Here I am going to give some more ways to do so:
- Create a Separate and Special Good Looking Vocabulary Notebook.
- Practice However do not Exaggerate
- You can also try vocabulary building apps available on android as well as on the iPhone.
- Watch YouTube for Specific Videos – It is really a great platform for achieving your objectives. However, you need to be cautious that you do not carry away by a pop-up or a social media message.
- You need to understand. I always ask my students not to memorize
- Read newspapers a lot
- Keep Dictionary Handy.
- Keep Pencil, Eraser, Sharpener, Pen, and a notebook always around.
- Watch Videos and listen to audios
- Learn Idioms and Connectives
Below is the list of words and Phrases you must incorporate in your IELTS
- As a Result
- For Instance
- That is to say
- IN other words
- to clarify
- on the other hand
- For Example
- Above all
- Most Importantly
- In Addition
- After That
- In the same vein
- in Conclusion
- To Sum Up
- In Short
There are many more, I keep updating this list for effective preparation.